Re: [Gnu-arch-users] archzoom wishlist item

From: Mikhael Goikhman
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] archzoom wishlist item
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 05:02:27 +0000

On 21 Aug 2004 07:27:35 -0700, Jim Lynch wrote:

> Similarly, where you have pages structgured like
>
>   archive -> category
>
> you might also have pages structured like
>
>     alpha-sorted-category as link to category-within-archive page

This functionality is implemented. However it will be disabled in
archzoom.conf by default, since it is slow with remote archives.

And I will likely disable this functionality on sc.net too, but for a
different reason. The server side is fast (half a second, and the page
data is cached for 3 hours anyway). But the visitor browser side is too
slow when collapsing all categories to be usable; there are just too many.
Unless it is just my 350MHz system that is slow (it is usually not slow).

Regards,
Mikhael.