Re: [Gnu-arch-users] archzoom wishlist item

From: Jim Lynch
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] archzoom wishlist item
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2004 07:27:35 -0700

On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 15:11:57 +0200
Johannes Berg <address@hidden> wrote:

> Currently pages like
> http://archzoom.sourcecontrol.net/demo/address@hidden
>
> are structured in category -> branch -> version
>
> A nice to have alternative view would be
>   category -> version -> branch

Similarly, where you have pages structgured like

  archive -> category

you might also have pages structured like

    alpha-sorted-category as link to category-within-archive page

  which means you'd have repeats of category names in the main list, OR

    alpha-sorted-category as link to
      an auxilliary page with category name as title, and having a
      list of archives that contain category of that name, each of which
      as link to that category within that archive

  which would eliminate the repeats in the main list

in order to facilitate poking around places like supermirrors looking
for interesting projects (or literally, project/category names).

I wrote a csv generator essentially for the former form, you can see
it at

  http://sourcecontrol.net/~lynch/cats-csv-gen.pl.txt

> johannes

-Jim