Re: [glob2-devel] Globulation 2 FOSDEM presentation : draft of complete

From: Bradley Arsenault
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Globulation 2 FOSDEM presentation : draft of complete presentation
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 02:17:46 -0500

On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 2:10 AM, Cyrille Dunant <address@hidden> wrote:
> I'll give you some real numbers for our current (release) bandwidth usage,
> these are kb/s for the server, including both incoming and outgoing data.
>
> One player: 0.045 kb/s
> Two player: 0.092 kb/s
> Three player: 0.268 kb/s

Are those values maximum or averaged ?

High estimates. I looked at the output of values, which where generally consistent, varying between 42 and 46, sometimes going as low as 33 and I saw one as high as 49 I believe. The high use ones are likely caused by increase in the packet size itself, like if I make a bunch of building construct orders really quick, that number will rise for a short period of time because theirs more data to carry. These are for when your doing about one non-null order every second, which I've done tests and I found it to be a reasonable estimate of how often you actually change things in glob2.

--
Extra cheese comes at a cost. Bradley Arsenault.