[glob2-devel] Windows Installer - Your thoughts

From: Kieran P
Subject: [glob2-devel] Windows Installer - Your thoughts
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 20:26:35 +1300

Hey everyone,

I'm in the process of updating the NSIS script that makes the windows installer, and stumbled upon an idea....

Should we have maps, campaigns, and scripts left out of the installer, and allow them as additional components which will be downloaded and installed at install time?

From the current download size (11mb installer or so), you'd be looking at 1/2 the download size for the core (game and data), and the 1/2 would be another exe available on the wiki (or as above, downloading when installing).

It might not help (which is why I'm asking here). Do you think many people install and just play YOG / make their own maps?

OR do we keep all of it in the main package?

--
Regards
Kieran