Re: [glob2-devel] Request from forum: backwards compatibility to the Mac

From: Kyle Lutze
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Request from forum: backwards compatibility to the Mac-native version
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 16:42:21 -0800

Ethan Tira-Thompson wrote:
what's the status/problem with the mac version? Can we help

The lastest version I tried from Ethan Tira-Thompson, who packaged the 0.9.1 crashed on the test Mac. I do not have casual access to a Mac so it is not
easy for me to test.

Whereas it's been working on mine, but I don't have access to any other 10.5 running Intel macs other than my own for further testing :-/

(for reference, my binary won't run on 10.4 or PowerPC systems, I'd have to do a lot of work to make universal binaries of all the dependency libraries first, and we're apparently not sure it's even working on the target architecture yet...)

So if anyone else has an applicable system, see if it works, and if it doesn't, send me console errors (e.g. system.log) and crash reporter back traces.

http://ethan.tira-thompson.com/stuff/Globulation-0.9.1.dmg

-ethan

I'm currently working with Bradley to get an OS X Tiger binary done. There is a version in Fink unstable that does compile and work under Tiger and I believe Leopard, but I know people shouldn't have to go that route.

We've figured out what caused the error I posted, don't know if Bradley figured out why it happened yet but I did manage to make a working executable without Fink, just doing more testing on it and then I need to learn how to make the mac binaries.