Re: [glob2-devel] Windows Installer - Your thoughts

From: Kyle Lutze
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Windows Installer - Your thoughts
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2008 08:50:12 -0800

Leo Wandersleb wrote:
Hi Kieran,

in my opinion the basic install should be playable both single player and multiplayer. If we have a nice intro-video, this should be included, too. no need to reduce size _by_leaving_things_out_ as long as we don't hit sizes we can't afford the servers for or that don't fit on CDs any more. None of the prior posts mentions *why* we should do such things.

Yes, the package should always be compressed. There should be no need to separately compress each map within the package(?).

Instead of splitting up the "officia" content I hope to see soon a system where i can browse all map(campaign/sound-theme/grafix-theme)-headers people connected to yog have set to "public" and download them with one click. Best with a meta-data-db on the main yog server that stores extra info for each map-hash including a voting system ... (I'm dreaming again)

Greetings,

Leo Wandersleb

in time :)