Re: [glob2-devel] Alpha 20 Preperations

From: Kai Antweiler
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Alpha 20 Preperations
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 23:28:52 +0200

> I think we should release alpha 20 as beta 1, and then fix things, not do any
> rewrite nor add any features until 1.0. Then we are free to change whatever
> we want. Code really need stabilization. 7 years without a major release is
> too long.

I don't see that we get stable networking soon.
The desyncs have been around for a very long time.
To freeze other development indefinitely is not an option.

But if we add an "experimental"-switch in the menu, which
activates optional unstable features (like "online gaming"
and "AINicowar") we could release 1.0 after fixing the other
bugs.

Features like networking, 3 AIs and a lot of translations are really
nice, but technically they are not needed to play the game.

--
Kai Antweiler