Re: [glob2-devel] Alpha 7 win32 + call for AINumbi removal

From: Gabriel Walt
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Alpha 7 win32 + call for AINumbi removal
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 17:44:22 +0200

- The games using AINumbi crash after a while, I propose to remove AINumbi. Luc, is there any good reason to keep it ?

I never used it so I can't say if it Numbi does crash here too...

- The fullscreen double buffered doesn't display anything but there is no segfault and the music is playing. It is perhaps a bug in double buffered GUI code

Whatever options are selected [double buffer and/or hardware accel, even with both off] when I select Fullscreen the game simply exits [no crash dialog box or whatever]. Here's the console output [I just started the game, went into settings screen and clicked on fullscreen]:

Toolkit : Initialized : Graphic Context created
Toolkit : Screen set to 640x480 at 0 bpp in window
End-user map name is Easy Three
End-user map name is Garden 3
End-user map name is Isles
End-user map name is SmallForTwo
End-user map name is the sand square
End-user map name is Tower Defense for 2
End-user map name is tutorial

When setting glob2 -f, it is fullscreen but everything is black [nothing is drawn], and by hitting ESC glob2 quits [this means glob2 works but displays nothing]. When setting glob2 -f -B it works!! So without double buffering glob2 can display fullscreen on windows, but only from console... strange!

- The Settings GUI doesn't seem to save the results all the time, but I have to investigate it. I valgrindised it and it doesn't crash.

For me the results are very constant: the only thing that makes glob2 crash is setting fullscreen from the settings menu...

Another thing that made glob2 crash is to play at the "Junk" map... It crashed after 2min of game. By the way, what it this map???

Gabriel