[glob2-devel] win32 futur

From: Stéphane Magnenat
Subject: [glob2-devel] win32 futur
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 17:20:52 +0200

Hello,

After a discussion with Seb and the conclusion that SDL on win32 is highly
buggy (better or worst then on OSX ?), we decided to go for a native DX9
backend. When required, light abstraction classes will be added to libgag,
but most of time there will just be differents files for differents backends.

Seb will work on it once he finished to rewrite DPS, his PhD software (don't
be afraid, he is very fast :-)). I'm very happy to have differents backend
because this will allow us to know which bugs are SDL-related and which one
are ours. In the mean-time, I will remove useless SDL calls (like the crappy
SDL_rwops stuff).

Steph

--
Stéphane Magnenat
Assistant doctorant, administrateur système