Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: Accountants

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: Accountants
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 21:09:16 +0000

Richard:
> I think specifying a standard for an office package for financial use
> is probably something of a severe test of somones or anyones
> organisational abilities ?

I would hope that for a financial package on its own that either IR, BSI or
maybe even FSA had a suitable specification.  Maybe this is hope beyond
hope.

Anyway, unless we can discover something soon, I think that putting out a
RFC on AFFS funding a UK-localised financial package is probably a very good
idea.  Please, ask your LUGs and any other suitable groups for the following
things:

 1. A tame lawyer who is willing to advise us for free/little.

 2. A Free Software financial package useable in the UK.

 3. A moon on a stick.

I'll forward this request on to Debian-UK, Anglian and Pboro LUGs, UKLUGs
and my old university in a few hours.  I'm sure there's something I've
forgotten, though.
--
MJR