[Fsfe-uk] Re: Accountants

From: Richard Ibbotson
Subject: [Fsfe-uk] Re: Accountants
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 18:43:10 +0000

Hi

> What kind of Accountant do you need and where does he/she have to
> be? If you give me some basic information I can have a cast around
> my contacts to see if I can twist an arm or two. However it has to
> be borne in mind that my success rate with the Patent Attorney was
> nil! (Most of those I know are looking to retire not volunteer).

I do network security for a local branch of a firm of nationwide
accountants here in Sheffield.  The fella who runs the Sheffield
office does a lot of work for charities.  Goes to London about once a
week.  He can also tell me a lot about commercial accountancy
packages.  He wants to see a GNU/Linux version of an MS Windows
package like Sage.   He's very impressed with the Linux machines that
I've built for him.

I could ask him to get in touch if you like.

Thanks

--
Richard