Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: Accountants

From: Oliver Elphick
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: Accountants
Date: 28 Feb 2002 19:39:17 +0000

On Thu, 2002-02-28 at 18:43, Richard Ibbotson wrote:
> Hi
>
> > What kind of Accountant do you need and where does he/she have to
> > be? ...
>
> I do network security for a local branch of a firm of nationwide
> accountants here in Sheffield.  The fella who runs the Sheffield
> office does a lot of work for charities.  Goes to London about once a
> week.  He can also tell me a lot about commercial accountancy
> packages.  He wants to see a GNU/Linux version of an MS Windows
> package like Sage.   He's very impressed with the Linux machines that
> I've built for him.

I was an accountatnt once and am still a member of the Institute.  One
of my long-term aims has been to write a GPL accounting package, though
I haven't yet had the time to do more than a few sketches.  I would like
to work with people on specifying it.

--
Oliver Elphick                                address@hidden

     "These things have I written unto you that believe on
      the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye
      have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name
      of the Son of God."        I John 5:13