Re: [ft-devel] TR: Error Rendering with a resolution?

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] TR: Error Rendering with a resolution?
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 08:07:22 +0100 (CET)

> With this parameter, one is fixed, but the other one is not (see
> below).(First OK, Second KO)
>
> Do you need some code? Do you want the CID Font?

Before going into more details, please check whether FreeType is
capable at all what you want to achieve.  In other words, I ask you to
compile the current git repositories (`freetype2' and
`freetype2-demos') to get up-to-date versions of the demo programs.
With ftview, you can easily adjust (almost) all rendering and hinting
parameters.

There are good chances that the PostScript hinter doesn't work well --
this is the weakest part of FreeType currently and not in optimal
shape.

  http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/freetype/freetype2.git/
  http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/freetype/freetype2-demos.git/

In case you don't use git, go to the latest commits and download
snapshots.