[emacs-wiki-discuss] Planner - Plan Pages - Tasks

From: Paul D. Kraus
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Planner - Plan Pages - Tasks
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2005 10:13:01 -0400

I have been using the franklin covey product that embeds in Micro$oft outlook for awhile now. Its ABC priorities and weekly planning have been one of my best tools to manage my time. However I don't really care for Micro$oft products. I am an avid Linux user and hate being tied to my Micro$oft box for scheduling. I know their are planner software out in Linux but the integration into email/schedule/tasks with outlook and covey was not replaceable not in any way that I wasn't giving something up. I could care less about GUI's so when I stumbled across your plug ins for emacs I was elated. I just set everything up and I am playing with it and have some newbie questions. Not to familiar with the group yet so if these questions should each be separate mails please feel free to change the subject in your replies to split them.

1. If I create tasks in my own plan page for instance a plan page for home, a plan page for work, and a plan page for project X and I do not have start dates how can I on one screen see all of my tasks. I would assume there is a way to see all tasks from all plan pages with links to the actual plan pages but I can't seem to find it.

2. How can I add a note to a specific task that is tied to the task not the day page?

3. How can I see appointments for several days rather then just the day I am on. I like to see just my tasks that I have scheduled for today but I like to see my next 3 days worth of appointments.

4. I would like to keep my data out on some kind of server on the net so that when I am bouncing from machine to machine (I am a network admin and I have machines at a couple different sites) I can always pull up the same schedule. This is not a huge deal I can just setup a script to mirror the directories and just have it sync when closing and opening but wanted to see if there was a "better" way.

Thanks in Advance,
Paul