[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Daily page vs. project page

From: Sacha Chua
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Daily page vs. project page
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2004 17:15:44 +0800

address@hidden (Thomas Gehrlein) writes:

> Have tasks without date on the SomeProject page.  This seems like a simple and
> elegant solution.  IMHO the biggest challenge is finding a good key-binding
> for
> planner-create-task-without-date.

You can, actually, by just typing the task. Hmm. Should I extend
planner-expand-name so that "nil" or "none" expands to, well, nil?
This still means a little typing...

> 1) Sometimes I plan a project, but don't know when I'll start with
> it. I usually have a list of tasks on the ProjectPage, but I don't
> want to assign a date to them. Support for tasks without date would
> make that easier.

I usually assign them to some far-off date. <laugh>

> 2) Project templates. If you have repeating projects, you define a
> template with the relevant tasks, and whenever a new project comes
> up, you save that template under a new name and assign dates to the
> tasks.

Mmm, and then you can just add task IDs to all the tasks on the new
project...

You can do that manually now. =)

--
Sacha Chua <address@hidden> - Ateneo CS faculty geekette
interests: emacs, gnu/linux, making computer science education fun