Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Daily page vs. project page

From: pll+ew
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Daily page vs. project page
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2004 10:21:56 -0400

In a message dated: Mon, 05 Apr 2004 09:36:29 +0200
Thomas Gehrlein said:

>Tasks without dates provide additional advantages:
>
>1) Sometimes I plan a project, but don't know when I'll start with it.  I
>   usually have a list of tasks on the ProjectPage, but I don't want to assign
>   a date to them.  Support for tasks without date would make that easier.
>
>2) Project templates.  If you have repeating projects, you define a template
>   with the relevant tasks, and whenever a new project comes up, you save that
>   template under a new name and assign dates to the tasks.

I agree that tasks without dates would be helpful.  I especially like
the idea of a template that could be linked in and given a new name.
Recently I find myself having to something which has the same list of
tasks to complete and varies only slightly.  To be able create a master
template page an insert that as a new page into my planner-wiki would
be great.

Though, I don't think either of these solves the hierarchical task
question.
--
Seeya,
Paul

GPG Key fingerprint = 1660 FECC 5D21 D286 F853  E808 BB07 9239 53F1 28EE