[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Planner and Muse

From: Sacha Chua
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Planner and Muse
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 11:18:03 +0800

address@hidden writes:

> Could you expand upon what Muse is, and/or where we could learn more
> about it?  I'm intrigued, as a publish-to-PDF feature is *really*
> attractive to me, especially if I can just continue writing in
> emacs-wiki-mode :)

That is precisely what muse is all about.

;;; muse.el --- An authoring and publishing tool for Emacs

;;; Commentary:

;; Muse is a tool for easily authoring and publishing documents.  It
;; allows for rapid prototyping of hyperlinked text, which may then be
;; exported to multiple output formats -- such as HTML, LaTeX,
;; Texinfo, etc.

;; The markup rules used by Muse are intended to be very friendly to
;; people familiar with Emacs.  See the included README file for more
;; information.

Grab it from http://www.newartisans.com/johnw/Emacs/muse.tar.gz or
from CVS at http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/q-language/ - check
out q, it has a muse subdirectory. I also have an arch repository
which I sync with johnw's main tree regularly.

tla register-archive address@hidden http://sacha.free.net.ph/notebook/arch
tla get address@hidden/muse--johnw--1.0    # to get the main distribution
tla get address@hidden/muse--sacha--1.0    # to get my hacked version

Individual files can be downloaded at

http://sacha.free.net.ph/notebook/emacs/muse        # johnw's canonical version
http://sacha.free.net.ph/notebook/emacs/muse-sacha  # my hacked version

--
Sacha Chua <address@hidden> - Ateneo CS faculty geekette
interests: emacs, gnu/linux, making computer science education fun