[emacs-wiki-discuss] Planner and Muse

From: Sacha Chua
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Planner and Muse
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 23:24:26 +0800

I'm feature-freezing planner and emacs-wiki for the moment, as I'm
working toward using John Wiegley's new muse backend. Fortunately,
most of the planner code Just Works. However, here are the possible
changes in future planner versions (not yet merged):

- Require either planner-muse or planner-emacs-wiki depending on the
  backend you prefer.

- If you use Muse, you'll get publish-to-PDF / LaTeX / other formats
  absolutely free.

- Implicit links with WikiWords instead of [[WikiWords]] might not be
  supported. (Yay! No more having to <nop> all over the place!) I'll
  write a migrate function to help you convert all of your WikiWords
  links to [[WikiWords]].

Bug reports will still be worked on as soon as I can.

People are welcome to hack on PlannerMode and EmacsWikiMode in the
meantime. =)

More stories soon!
--
Sacha Chua <address@hidden> - Ateneo CS faculty geekette
interests: emacs, gnu/linux, making computer science education fun