dotgnu-pnet

[Pnet-developers] Using Portable.Net on an embedded system

From: Simon Posnjak
Subject: [Pnet-developers] Using Portable.Net on an embedded system
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2004 15:28:31 +0200

Hi all,

We have two development boards. One runs Windows CE.Net (4.1) [XScale
based] and the other one Linux (2.4.26 on Axis Cris
[http://developer.axis.com]). We are thinking of writing our application
in C# and target the CLI - so that the application would be the same on
both platforms.

Now I am trying to cross compile (Linux i386 -> Linux cris) Portable.Net
for cris. Compiling (cvs version of) the pnet was successful - i got the
ilrun exec. But when I tried to compile pnetlib I run in to problems. I
attached a snippet of the build log.

I am not sure if I am doing the building the right way. What I did is I
compiled the pnet and pnetlib for i386 first, then I configure the pnet
as

./configure --with-pnet=/usr/local/pnet/
--prefix=/stuff1/delo/playground/portable.Net/

(the /usr/local/pnet is the location of the i386 compiled pnet)

and tried to build it and it failed. So any information on how to cross
compile the pnetlib would be appreciated.

All so I discovered that building pnet with anything but
--with-profile=full, will not work because of unresolved symbols to
ReadFloat and WriteFloat.

All so is anybody working on a System.Drawing.Forms Toolkit for Linux
Frame Buffer?

Thank you.

                Regards Simon