dotgnu-pnet

Re: [Pnet-developers] Using Portable.Net on an embedded system

From: Simon Posnjak
Subject: Re: [Pnet-developers] Using Portable.Net on an embedded system
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2004 17:29:30 +0200

V pon, 04.10.2004 ob 16:05 je Maciek Plewa napisal(a):
> SP> Now I am trying to cross compile (Linux i386 -> Linux cris) Portable.Net
> SP> for cris. Compiling (cvs version of) the pnet was successful - i got the
> SP> ilrun exec. But when I tried to compile pnetlib I run in to problems.
>
> I can't think of any reasons to build pnetlib - have you tried to simply copy
> prebuilt pnetlib to your test machine? I'm personally using pnetlib built on
> FreeBSD on a Mingw/Windows system, and just now I've tried an application
> server
> built on Gentoo (x86) on an IPAQ - that's the beauty of C# :)

Yes, but as I understand some of the core libs are linked to the system
libs - when I check pinvoke.map I can see:

XsharpSupport so libXsharpSupport.so.0.0.0
ICE so libICE.so.6
X11 so libX11.so.6
Xext so libXext.so.6
ssl so libssl.so.0.9.7
jpeg so libjpeg.so.62

So to use any of this libs I would need to compile pnet against the ones that
I have on the cris system, right?

Furthermore, I tried your idea. I copied the (I do not have enough room on the
board to copy all):

ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.dll
ISymWrapper.dll
Microsoft.JScript.dll
Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
Microsoft.VisualC.dll
Microsoft.Vsa.dll
OpenSystem.C.dll
OpenSystem.Platform.dll
System.Configuration.Install.dll
System.Deployment.dll
System.Design.dll
System.Xml.dll
System.dll
cscompmgd.dll
ilinstall.exe
mscorlib.dll
pinvoke.map
sysglobl.dll

to /var/runtime on the dev board and this happened:

/var # ./ilrun -L runtime/ hello.exe
token 0x0A000001: member `System.Console.WriteLine' not found
token 0x0A000002: member `System.Object..ctor' not found
Segmentation fault

/var # ./ilrun --dump-config
Engine Version                 : 0.6.9
Engine Flavour                 : Direct Threaded
Platform Info                  : Linux 2.4.26rthal cris
Compiled On                    : Oct  4 2004 14:09:00 (local)
Computed Goto                  : Yes (PIC)
Garbage Collector              : No
Libffi                         : No
Threading                      : Enabled

                Regards Simon