Re: [DotGNU]Distributed Savannah(was: phpGW and DotGNU)

From: Gopal.V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Distributed Savannah(was: phpGW and DotGNU)
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 02:16:15 +0530

> >         The feature I like most for phpGW was their radical themeing
> > support. But I wish someone would make a theme with a couple of
> > levitating GNUs and GNOME style icons. It is time Savannah dropped
> > that sourceforge look.
>
> heh. Its easy to build a new theme for phpGW. Maybe someone will work on
> a GNU one.
        I was looking through the .tpl files, when I realized that you were
using gifs. I am against LZW compression, but I prefer software patent
violation ( no software patents in india :-) to meek submission. But from
what RMS has said, could you use PNG please ?.

What you need is a %s/\.gif/\.png in the source
        and
giftopnm $1.gif | pnmtopng > $1.png
        for your gif to change into patent free PNGS.

        Also the theme idea seems easy, so I will most probably hackup a GNU
(new ?) theme from the default. ie just swap the images ;-).

> > As Einstein has famously said ``Keep it as simple as possible but no
> > simpler''.
> Dont think I have seen that before, but I certainly agree.
        Read ``The C++ Programming Language'' -- Bjarne Stroustroup, quote in
chapter 24 ``Design and Programming''.  Never stay at home without it.
Also in fortune's wisdom section. But it is ironic that Einstein has
said this about his theory of relativity ;-)

Ciao
        Gopal.V
--
"If you don't succeed at first you *MUST* be a programmer"
                                               -- Anon