Re: [ANN] HighlighterKit 0.1.2 and Gemas 0.3

From: Csanyi Pal
Subject: Re: [ANN] HighlighterKit 0.1.2 and Gemas 0.3
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2012 13:40:50 +0100

Csanyi Pal <csanyipal@gmail.com> writes:

> Sašo Kiselkov <skiselkov.ml@gmail.com> writes:

>> Here's your problem: your compiler line is missing the
>> "-fconstant-string-class=NSConstantString" option. For some reason
>> your gnustep-make doesn't want to append that flag, but why I have no
>> idea - hope somebody with more gnustep-make knowledge can chime
>> in. In the mean time, you try modifying the GNUmakefile and add a:
>>
>> ADDITIONAL_OBJCFLAGS += -fconstant-string-class=NSConstantString
>>
>> line right after the
>>
>> include $(GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES)/common.make
>>
>> line.
>
> That did the trick!
>
> Now I can 'make' HighlighterKit with the original HKSyntaxDefinition.m
> file.

However the installation failed:

sudo -E checkinstall make install

<output>
checkinstall 1.6.2, Copyright 2009 Felipe Eduardo Sanchez Diaz Duran
           This software is released under the GNU GPL.

**** Debian package creation selected ***

This package will be built according to these values:

0 -  Maintainer: [ root@debian-asztal ]
1 -  Summary: [ This package contains the source distribution of the
HighlighterKit ]
2 -  Name:    [ highlighterkit ]
3 -  Version: [ 20120219 ]
4 -  Release: [ 1 ]
5 -  License: [ GPL ]
6 -  Group:   [ checkinstall ]
7 -  Architecture: [ amd64 ]
8 -  Source location: [ highlighterkit ]
9 -  Alternate source location: [  ]
10 - Requires: [  ]
11 - Provides: [ highlighterkit ]
12 - Conflicts: [  ]
13 - Replaces: [  ]

Enter a number to change any of them or press ENTER to continue:

Installing with make install...

============= Installation results ==============
This is gnustep-make 2.6.1. Type 'make print-gnustep-make-help' for
help.
Making build-headers for framework HighlighterKit...
Making all for framework HighlighterKit...
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `internal-framework-compile'.
 Copying resources into the framework wrapper...
Making install for framework HighlighterKit...
 Creating /usr/local/lib/GNUstep/Frameworks...
 Creating /usr/local/include/GNUstep...
 Installing framework HighlighterKit...
tar: HighlighterKit.framework/Versions/Current: Cannot change mode to
rwxrwxrwx: No such file or directory
tar: HighlighterKit.framework/Versions/0/libHighlighterKit.so: Cannot
change mode to rwxrwxrwx: No such file or directory
tar: HighlighterKit.framework/Versions/0/HighlighterKit: Cannot change
mode to rwxrwxrwx: No such file or directory
tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors
make[1]: *** [internal-framework-install_] Error 2
make: *** [HighlighterKit.install.framework.variables] Error 2

****  Installation failed. Aborting package creation.

Cleaning up...OK

Bye.
</output>