Re: [ANN] HighlighterKit 0.1.2 and Gemas 0.3 - Gemas

From: Sašo Kiselkov
Subject: Re: [ANN] HighlighterKit 0.1.2 and Gemas 0.3 - Gemas
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2012 17:38:20 +0100

On 02/19/2012 04:55 PM, Csanyi Pal wrote:
> Sašo Kiselkov <skiselkov.ml@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> It seems like you have some serious issues with linking on your
>> system.
>
> It is possible.
>
>> Are you using a custom gnustep, or the one shipped in Debian?
>
> It is a short story: first I has installed the one shipped in
> Debian. Later I purge every debian gnsutep package. Then I use the
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8559454/GNUstep%20libobjc2%20on%20Ubuntu.sh
> script by Ivan Vučica and had installed gnustep from svn sources.
> See this mail here:
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.gnustep.general/37316
>
> Later I remove all (leastwise I think so) gnustep files previously
> installed from sources and installed back debian gnustep packages
> again. Well, that is my story. After that it seems that I have some
> serious issues, like this one.
>
>> These undefined symbols signal that your gnustep installation is very
>> broken.
>
> How can I clean up everything now to get a clean debian gnustep?

Can you do a find of any gnustep things in /usr/local and see if it
finds anything?

$ find /usr/local -iname '*gnustep*'

You could also try and have a look inside /usr/lib to make sure you only
have a single set of gnustep-(base|gui|whatever) libraries in there.
Lastly, you can try uninstalling all gnustep related packages from your
system and do a similar find to the one above in /usr and manually purge
all remains of GNUstep from your system. After that, reinstall the
packages and you should have a clean distro again.

--
Saso