Re: StepBox v1 - Yet another GNUstep window manager

From: Yen-Ju Chen
Subject: Re: StepBox v1 - Yet another GNUstep window manager
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 14:02:37 -0400

From: Adam Fedor <fedor@doc.com>
To: "Yen-Ju Chen" <yjchenx@hotmail.com>
CC: discuss-gnustep@gnu.org
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 09:53:13 -0600

If people are writing Window Managers for GNUstep, it would be nice to discuss how to implement focusing so that it works well with GNUstep Apps. WindowMaker (and others) tend to treat apps as a bunch of windows rather than one app (with key and main windows, etc).

 That's part of the reason that I start porting the hackedbox into StepBox.
Since I just finished the porting and haven't fully understood the source code, it would be better that the interaction between GNUstep application and window manager
 could be documented as a specification.
Once the specification is done, it will be clear which part is responsible for what
 and be more easy to fix bugs.

By the way, for whoever is interested, I would like to change the name of StepBox.
 StepBox is O.K, but not great. Any suggestion ?

 Yen-Ju