Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Why Isn't GNU Radio Used More?

From: Alexander Chemeris
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Why Isn't GNU Radio Used More?
Date: Mon, 9 May 2011 22:48:25 +0400

On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 22:25, Michael Dickens <address@hidden> wrote:
> On May 9, 2011, at 1:59 PM, Marcus D. Leech wrote:
>> you can isolate your own functionality behind existing IPC mechanisms, and
>> thus avoid
>> binding any of your code to the Gnu Radio libraries.

Well, that this IPC should be very well integrated into GnuRadio, well
documented and made easy to use, especially for those who never used
GnuRadio before.

> True, but that's OS-dependent and a nuisance.  Why not the dual-license
> approach -- one as GPL and another that allows for local IP (the LGPL would
> probably suffice)?  Again I don't know if the FSF would allow it, but there
> are plenty of potential end-users who would benefit from this model. - MLD

Dual-licensing is a flawed model, it's truly hard to make it working
right. I believe that something like LGPL would be sufficient.

--
Regards,
Alexander Chemeris.