Re: Issues with Playback &c.

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: Issues with Playback &c.
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2020 17:46:36 +0100

On Tue, 2020-06-30 at 17:13 +0100, Richard Shann wrote:
> On Tue, 2020-06-30 at 10:46 +0100, Richard Shann wrote:
> > To get Denemo to play it pizzicato you would need to put the arco
> > and
> > pizz. passages in different voices as in the attached example.

Actually, there is a neater way - attaching the MIDI program change to
the Denemo Directive that inserts the "pizz." text does it - see
attached example.
This has no friendly interface however - I put in the text then right
clicked on the Denemo Directive and put chose "Advanced" and then in
the MIDI bytes I entered

0xc0 46

for pizzicato strings. That's for channel 0, it would be 0xc1 for
channel 1 etc. (46 is - I think - the decimal GM MIDI code for pizz -
other MIDI soundfonts may differ)

This could be worked up with a nice interface, of course, but you could
just copy and paste these "pizz." and "arco." markings for a reasonably
easy use (you can create buttons to insert them, of course).

Richard