cjk-list

Re: [cjk] The fixed-up script and the fixed Noto type 1 fonts.

From: Hin-Tak Leung
Subject: Re: [cjk] The fixed-up script and the fixed Noto type 1 fonts.
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2017 17:06:40 +0000 (UTC)

Hi Thorsten,

I downloaded the file and had a quicklook just in case I uploaded the wrong
thing. It is fine. So I have no idea why it does not work for you. I can only
suggest looking carefully at your latex log (i.e. sampl-nose.log, where you run
latex), and your dvips log (that's come out to the console) to where it is
looking for the tfm files and the pfb files and make sure you are not look at
your old ones, seeing as you have multiple tries. oh, and where the
"c70nose.fd" file is. That should also be seen in sample-nose.log; you want to
use the one I included in the tar ball. Although it should be functionally the
same as your own.

Item 3 is a mistake, sorry. However, extra entries are not used so shouldn't be
a problem.
Item 6. "freetype-py" is the python wrapper around "libfreetype". I can
generate both versions of the "subfonts-corrected.pe" if that helps. I'll
suggest you try to get my tar ball working first though.

The language unit is called "character" and the visual graphic unit is call
"glyph". In this case, "missing character" and "missing glyph" are both fine.

The difference between Noto CJK and Source CJK is quite small. Get one working,
then you can think about switching :-).

Hin-Tak