cjk-list

Re: [cjk] The fixed-up script and the fixed Noto type 1 fonts.

From: Thorsten
Subject: Re: [cjk] The fixed-up script and the fixed Noto type 1 fonts.
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2017 04:26:27 -0400

Hi Hin-Tak,

first let me thank you for your great work!

Yesterday evening before I drove home from work I read your email. A
moment after reading

"...to where it is looking for the tfm files and the pfb files and make
sure you are not look at your old ones, seeing as you have multiple
tries",

It struck me like lightning! I made a stupid mistake! Really stupid!
And nevertheless felt sure, that I had done everything right...!

Normally, when I replace the old version of some data by a new version,
I first put the old version into a newly generated subdirectory called
"old" in the same directory. So I did here with the *.pfb and *.tfm
files...

When doing mktexlsr and updmap-sys those subdirectories with old
versions of course were visible to LaTeX and probably were in the list
before the new version -- so the new version never was used!

Unfortunately I only could proof that today. I just threw away the
"old" subdirectories, ran mktexlsr and updmap-sys again -- and now
everything works like a charm! Sorry for the additional work!

Please wait with generating both versions of the "subfonts-
corrected.pe"! When I have updated the second PC accordingly, I will go
on by downloading the Adobe version, using the regular (and bold) font
of that and build everything from scratch with your script. But as my
time in the moment is a bit limited, it will take me some days. So
please don't wonder, if I can't tell about success or not for a week or
even more...

At last one funny remark: For the the quick, lazy and dirty method of
just inserting your files I don't seem to need your file "c70nose.fd".
I even don't find an old version of that anywhere in my Windows
installation (I definitely have it in my Ubuntu version though, where I
used fontforge). So I didn't need to worry, whether LaTeX finds an
outdated version of that...

With many thanks
Thorsten

---