bino-list

Re: [Bino-list] Release plans

From: Martin Lambers
Subject: Re: [Bino-list] Release plans
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2011 12:48:37 +0200

Hi Jack!

On 14/04/11 14:25, Jack Metal wrote:
> Actually, I just tested it in an actual Windows partition and it works,
> so it appears to something more related to Ubuntu's Intel
> implementation.  I'll check it out on different linux distributions to
> determine if it is completely linux related or just Ubuntu.

You could try to build Bino with the --enable-debug configure option,
and then run it with '-l debug'. This should give more detailed messages
about where the crash occurs. The last time someone did this for the
i965/Ubuntu problem, the crash seemed to occur when Bino tried to upload
the video data to the graphics card. We were not able to spot the
problem there; it might be the driver (though of course it might still
be a bug in Bino that we have not found yet).

Martin