Re: [avrdude-dev] “Not a typewriter” avrdude err or on Android

From: Anton Smirnov
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] “Not a typewriter” avrdude err or on Android
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 15:36:52 +0600

Sure, i know that there are different kinds of Arduino boards:
Arduino Uno implements CDC and Arduino Nano f.e. uses FTDI-chips.

I know how to detect it's kind and i can pass the type to avrdude.
So we can think the detection is not the problem.

I've been thinking that android os does it internally. If it's not we can
use libftdi or smth.

Anyway i'd like to go the simplest way for now just to check it can work
(and i have both CDC and FTDI boards to test)

The main problem now i think is to understand what is this file descriptor
nature since"standard " posix impl can't work with it.
Then we will be able to understand how can it be used with avrdude and do i
have to create another serial impl specially.