Re: [avrdude-dev] “Not a typewriter” avrdude error on Android

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] “Not a typewriter” avrdude error on Android
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 07:48:15 +0200

As Axel Wachtler wrote:

> Sorry for jumping in, I just roughly followed the discussion, but might
> this be the missing software part:
> http://code.google.com/p/usb-serial-for-android/ ?

To me, it very much looks like that, yes.

The main difference is that it needs its own method to set baudrates
etc., so this would require yet another serial implementation in
AVRDUDE, (ser_android.c, for example).

The remaining question is whether there's enough control-line support
in it.  I remember the Arduino uses one of the control lines (RTS?) to
trigger a target reset / loader activation.
--
cheers, Joerg               .-.-.   --... ...--   -.. .  DL8DTL

http://www.sax.de/~joerg/