[avrdude-dev] Re: per-user config file - .avrduderc

From: eric
Subject: [avrdude-dev] Re: per-user config file - .avrduderc
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 16:53:30 -0700

Sure! Send it to address@hidden

> > Hopefully that will be enough time to resolve
> > the few remaining issues here.
>
> Should be, I would think.
>
> > Which are?.... What, the
> > configuration file, some auto tools stuff, and documentation. I
> > think that's about it that's needed for a good initial release.
>
> Sounds about right.  The main thing, IMO, is to get basic
> cross-platform support working and reliable, and I think you and Ted
> have done the bulk of that work with Joerg helping too.  A few other
> niceties have come along for the ride but the cross platform stuff is
> the biggie.  I've just been trying to help you guys where I can or
> stay out of the way.  So, when you all are ready, I'd say we tag the
> repo and call it a "release".  I realize we're not quite there yet,
> still need some polishing and painting, but I think we're close.

Joerg has done an awful lot for the Windows port as I don't have any way
of testing the parallel port stuff. I don't have any PPI programmers, and
Joerg was willing to load Windoze!

I have a thread going with Joerg about documentation. IMO, documentation
is also going to be a big thing especially for the Windows port. Users
there will need all the help they can get. :-)

Eric