Re: [avrdude-dev] Re: per-user config file - .avrduderc

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Re: per-user config file - .avrduderc
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 17:27:23 +0100

As eric wrote:

> What I've been thinking about for Windows:
> The system wide config file has the same default name of avrdude.conf
> (also hardcoded as is now). On normal Windows install avrdude.exe and
> avrdude.conf are located in the same directory. When avrdude.exe is
> started without the -C option, it will attempt to open the default config
> file and search the PATH for the location of this file until found.

Isn't it that Windows programs will always be started with their
installation directory as current working directory (at least by
default)?  That way, you should be able to quickly find the config
file there.

Also, you might want to check first whether the command has been
started with a full pathname (i. e., whether argv[0] contains any
slashes or backslashes), in that case it should also be simple to
figure out the installation directory.  Only failing all this, you
need to walk the path.