[avrdude-dev] per-user config file - .avrduderc

From: Brian Dean
Subject: [avrdude-dev] per-user config file - .avrduderc
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 11:59:44 -0500

Hi,

Just a heads up that I've implemented the per-user config file that
we've been tossing around.  The system wide config file is read first,
and can be changed with the '-C' option.  After that, the per-user
config file is read which comes from ${HOME}/.avrduderc, if it exists.
Entries in .avrduderc take precedence over entries in the system wide
config file.

Also, whenever the programmers or parts are listed out, I display the
config file name and the line number where that definition came from.
I thought this would be useful to help determine whether a
part/programmer is coming from the distributed config file, or is
being overridden.

Eric, I wasn't sure how to handle this for the Windows port - you
might need to #ifdef around the code that reads in the per-user file.
I'm not sure whether this is something that can be autoconf'd.  If the
code needs reorganized a bit to make this easier, feel free to move
things around.

Anyway, hopefully I didn't break anything too badly.

-Brian
--
Brian Dean
address@hidden