Re: [avrdude-dev] stk500 and firmware 1.14

From: Brian Dean
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] stk500 and firmware 1.14
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 09:22:35 -0500

On Wed, Feb 19, 2003 at 10:07:33PM -0800, Theodore A. Roth wrote:

> This should probably be added to the config file of avrdude for
> parts which don't have serial ISP functionality. Look at the
> attached Devices.h (from Atmel appnote AVR061 avr061.zip file) and
> you can see which devices this is (serMP = FALSE).
>
> Another config item might be whether the device has a Full hi-v
> parallel support or not. Some devices (8-pins ones I think) can't
> use hi-v parallel programming but can use hi-v serial
> programming. This would be buf[4] in avrdude, I believe.

What about this something like this in the config file for a part:

        serial   = yes | no;
        parallel = yes | no | nohiv;

The result of setting these would be to set some single bit flags that
could be queried within stk500_initialize() in order to pass the right
values to the stk500.

Is it the case that _all_ devices support serial so maybe including
that would be redundent.

-Brian