Re: [avrdude-dev] stk500 and firmware 1.14

From: Brian Dean
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] stk500 and firmware 1.14
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 13:40:33 -0500

On Tue, Feb 18, 2003 at 09:53:21PM -0800, Theodore A. Roth wrote:

> I think Jason Kyle has figured out the difference in firmware 1.14 which
> causes uisp and avrdude to break.

Cool!

> The ext dev params (command 0x45), has been extended from 3 to 4 bytes. I've
> hacked uisp so that it can deal with the difference based on which firmware
> version it finds. I was successful in erasing a mega169 device with firmware
> 1.14 in the stk500.
>
> I haven't yet looked at what needs to be done to avrdude

At present, avrdude does not set any extended device parameters and
thus does not issue the "set extended device" command.  You'd probably
want to do this within the stk500_initialize() conditionally based on
the firmware revision (see stk500_display() for retrieving the
firmware revision).

In the AVR061 protocol doc's description of the "set extended device"
command - what are the parameters it is trying to set?  What is
"signal page", "bs2 signal", etc?

-Brian
--
Brian Dean                                      address@hidden