Re: [avrdude-dev] stk500 and firmware 1.14

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] stk500 and firmware 1.14
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 21:30:09 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 19 Feb 2003, Brian Dean wrote:

:)On Wed, Feb 19, 2003 at 11:51:22AM -0800, Theodore A. Roth wrote:
:)
:)> :) Ah, I see.  These are undoubtedly per-chip settings - I guess we'll
:)> :) want to extend the config file parser so that we can tell avrdude
:)> :) about them.
:)>
:)> Yep.
:)
:)I'm working on this now.  Are PAGEL, BS2 and RESET the only ones we
:)need?  Should I add any others while I'm here?

I'd call that RESET_DISABLE, since a value of 1 there seems to disable the
reset pin for io. Still vague on it though. Jason Kyle seems to understand
it better than I do. ;-)

How do you set up the flash and eeprom page sizes for programming? The
eeprom page size is in the ext dev params and the flash size is in the
regular dev params.

Oh, page_size can be given in the config file under 'memory "flash"'. You
might need to add page_size for the 'memory "eeprom"' section too.

I don't think you need num_pages in the config. Can't you calculate it from
size/page_size?

Ted