Re: [avr-gcc-list] WinAvr 2005... compile problems

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] WinAvr 2005... compile problems
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 09:28:56 -0700

Graham Davies wrote:

Dave Hansen wrote:

anyone who would create two symbols within a C program
that could be used within the same context that differ only
by the case of some characters would rightly be ridiculed

Well, I'd better step forward to be ridiculed, then.  I do this all the
time.  My personal coding style requires non-local variables to begin with
an uppercase letter and local variables with a lowercase letter.  If I want
to grab a non-local and do a lot with it then the local that holds it
temporarily has exactly the property you so deride.  Please ridicule
constructively if possible.

Hmm. Ok.

Have you thought about using Hungarian Notation instead of basing it on the case of the first letter? You get the same benefit without having the additional confusion of variables with the same name but different case.

Eric