Re: [avr-gcc-list] WinAvr 2005... compile problems

From: marvindickens
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] WinAvr 2005... compile problems
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 00:04:05 -0500

On Monday 07 March 2005 22:55, David Kelly wrote:

> Recently a consultant submitted his current work to me, used WinAVR.
> About half of the filenames were capitalized differently in the
> filesystem, Makefile (was spelled "makefile"), and in includes within
> files. "But it worked in Windows" he was heard to say.
>
> Oh, and some files were named FileName.C, which in Unix is a C++ file.

Although, I rarely post on this list (But, I do read almost every post), I
feel compelled to participate in this thread:

When I hear things like this I cringe. Particularly, when the noun
"Consultant" is used in the same sentence with "But it worked in
Windows...". There are hobbiest on this list who have a better grasp
of the nomenclature and style of gcc than this so called "Consultant".

In fact, if anyone submitted code to me as described above, they
would not get paid, but would absolutely, at a minimum, be fired.

This has taken RTM to a new level. In fact, in this case, the noun
"Gomer" is more appropriate than "Consultant".

Regards

Marvin Dickens