Re: [avr-gcc-list] WinAvr 2005... compile problems

From: David Kelly
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] WinAvr 2005... compile problems
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 21:55:02 -0600

On Mar 7, 2005, at 6:39 PM, Gary Griswold wrote:

Let me say that again:  MAKE IS NOW CASE-SENSITIVE!

Is it to be that way from now on???

I hope so, as that is the way things should be. The compiler is case sensitive to value names. It and its supporting tools should be sensitive to file names.

Recently a consultant submitted his current work to me, used WinAVR. About half of the filenames were capitalized differently in the filesystem, Makefile (was spelled "makefile"), and in includes within files. "But it worked in Windows" he was heard to say.

Oh, and some files were named FileName.C, which in Unix is a C++ file.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, address@hidden