Re: [avr-gcc-list] programming the at90can128

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] programming the at90can128
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 11:43:52 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004, Graham Davies wrote:

> Well, maybe it's not so off-topic after all, then.  I can certainly post the
> JTAG ID, which I recall AVaRICE prints right out.  The "config params" would
> mean snooping the serial communication between AVR Studio and the JTAG
> interface, right?  I don't have a good way of doing that.
>
> I'm sending an AVR ICE-Cube to Brian Dean for him to look at, but I don't
> suppose that matters as he has an Atmel JTAG ICE already, I think.
>
> Maybe the XML Part Description Files included with AVR Studio contain the
> necessary information.  For example, the ID of the AT90CAN128 is given as
> 0x0978103F (for the ATmega128, it's 0x0970203F).  After this, there are
> strings of bytes in tags such as ucRead, ucWrite, etc.  Perhaps this is what
> AVaRICE needs?

The attached patch should get avarice to at least recognize the can128
device without complaint. I don't have time right now to go digging
through can128 datasheet to figure out the rest of the value tweaks.
I'll leave that to the can128 users. An obvious change would probably be
the number of interrupt vectors...

---
Ted Roth
PGP Key ID: 0x18F846E9