Re: [avr-gcc-list] programming the at90can128

From: Graham Davies
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] programming the at90can128
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 13:00:29 -0500

Dave,

If I understand correctly, you're looking for a command line programmer for
the AT90CAN128.  You can program this part from AVR Studio using either the
STK500 ISP or the AVR ICE-Cube you bought from me.  But, you want command
line because it's quicker.

There are command line interfaces for many of the tools in AVR Studio.  From
a command window, if you go to the AVR Studio installation folder, you will
find Stk500.exe in the STK500 folder and jtagice.exe in the JTAGICE folder.
Fire each of these up with just -h and you will get a list of options.  At
the bottom is a list of supported devices.

The AT90CAN128 is listed by Stk500.exe.  Presumably, then, you have here a
command line interface to the STK500 ISP that would work for you.

The AT90CAN128 is *not* listed by jtagice.exe, in spite of the claim of
"limited" support in the AVR Studio 4.10 release notes.  Maybe "limited"
means something like you can pretend it's an ATmega128, which might make it
possible to program this way too.  I don't have an AVR ICE-Cube with me (nor
an AT90CAN128) to test this hypothesis right now.  Remember that if the
ICE-Cube in any way falls short of your expectations you may return it for a
refund.  I don't want to sell people useless stuff!

Graham.
http://www.ecrostech.com