[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: excessive bounces
Re: excessive bounces
Wed, 26 May 2004 16:42:03 -0400
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.6) Gecko/20040113
Ralf Corsepius wrote:
Is it really gnu.org lists or is it something else? I'm on the
phpgroupware lists and the dotgnu lists and I have received NOT ONE SPAM
and they are hosted by gnu.org. However, most of the mail I see from
autoconf, automake and libtool seems riddled with SPAM, more than half.
On Wed, 2004-05-26 at 07:43, Bob Proulx wrote:
Jay West wrote:
You should have sent this to the list owner/admin, not the list.
Lars Hecking wrote:
Most likely, the same thing happens to OP that happens to me: the lists
run at gnu.org are crawling with spam, and a good number of them get
rejected somewhere between gnu.org and OP's final destination. After a
certain number of rejections, $LIST_MEMBER's subscription is disabled
I see that too. Here are some things that can be done about it.
Whitelist monty-python.gnu.org in your access lists.
Are you serious?
I know what you mean, but I feel this is playing with symptoms. Given
the amount of spam gnu.org relays, the auto*tools's list policy finally
should be reconsidered.
Face it, this is not 1994 anymore, the internet has lost its innocence,
and badly maintained open lists like the auto*tools lists on gnu.org are
a relict of the past.
Sorry, if this sounds like ranting, but I feel something needs to
Here's to hoping something can be done.
Re: excessive bounces, Ben Pfaff, 2004/05/29
- excessive bounces, Alien999999999, 2004/05/24
- Re: excessive bounces, Jay West, 2004/05/24
- Re: excessive bounces, Lars Hecking, 2004/05/25
- Re: excessive bounces, Bob Proulx, 2004/05/26
- Re: excessive bounces, Ralf Corsepius, 2004/05/26
- Re: excessive bounces,
Earnie Boyd <=
- Re: excessive bounces, Bob Friesenhahn, 2004/05/26
- Re: excessive bounces, Lars Hecking, 2004/05/27
- Re: excessive bounces, Andrew Suffield, 2004/05/27
- Re: excessive bounces, Bob Friesenhahn, 2004/05/29
- Re: excessive bounces, Ralf Corsepius, 2004/05/29
- Re: excessive bounces, Earnie Boyd, 2004/05/27