[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: excessive bounces
Re: excessive bounces
Wed, 26 May 2004 18:01:22 +0200
On Wed, 2004-05-26 at 07:43, Bob Proulx wrote:
> Jay West wrote:
> > You should have sent this to the list owner/admin, not the list.
> Lars Hecking wrote:
> > Most likely, the same thing happens to OP that happens to me: the lists
> > run at gnu.org are crawling with spam, and a good number of them get
> > rejected somewhere between gnu.org and OP's final destination. After a
> > certain number of rejections, $LIST_MEMBER's subscription is disabled
> > automatically.
> I see that too. Here are some things that can be done about it.
> Whitelist monty-python.gnu.org in your access lists.
Are you serious?
I know what you mean, but I feel this is playing with symptoms. Given
the amount of spam gnu.org relays, the auto*tools's list policy finally
should be reconsidered.
Face it, this is not 1994 anymore, the internet has lost its innocence,
and badly maintained open lists like the auto*tools lists on gnu.org are
a relict of the past.
> Hope that helps,
No, AFAIS, somebody at gnu.org seems to have configured their mailserver
in a way, I seem to have been automatically unsubscribed from many of
their lists without prior notice. Worse, the gnu.org-mailserver now
seems to filter out way too much, in such a way most of my postings
doesn't seem to make it through the gnu.org server.
Sorry, if this sounds like ranting, but I feel something needs to
Re: excessive bounces, Ben Pfaff, 2004/05/29
- excessive bounces, Alien999999999, 2004/05/24
- Re: excessive bounces, Jay West, 2004/05/24
- Re: excessive bounces, Lars Hecking, 2004/05/25
- Re: excessive bounces, Bob Proulx, 2004/05/26
- Re: excessive bounces,
Ralf Corsepius <=
- Re: excessive bounces, Earnie Boyd, 2004/05/26
- Re: excessive bounces, Bob Friesenhahn, 2004/05/26
- Re: excessive bounces, Lars Hecking, 2004/05/27
- Re: excessive bounces, Andrew Suffield, 2004/05/27
- Re: excessive bounces, Bob Friesenhahn, 2004/05/29
- Re: excessive bounces, Ralf Corsepius, 2004/05/29
- Re: excessive bounces, Earnie Boyd, 2004/05/27