Re: AUCTeX does not ask for width for \includegraphics macro anymore

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: AUCTeX does not ask for width for \includegraphics macro anymore
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2023 20:57:44 +0100

Kourosh Kalayeh <kaykal@pm.me> writes:

Hi Kourosh,

>> Didn't you hit just RET for "(Optional) Overlay:" query? If so,
>> that's default behavior of AUCTeX: When you hit just RET for a query
>> of optional argument, the rest of queries of optional argument is
>> skipped.  To avoid that behavior, customize
>> TeX-insert-macro-default-style' to show-all-optional-args'.
>
> Thanks Ikumi. Previously, when AUCTeX inquired for options I could
> have autocomplete both width and \linewidth but now AUCTeX does not
> recognize this. See the attached screenshot.
>
> [Screenshot 2023-03-06 at 20.47.53.png]

In that screenshot, you are queried for the overlay which is a free-form
string.  That's nothing AUCTeX could complete.

> I also noticed that with the most recent update autocomplete for width
> add an extra width, see the second screenshot.
>
> [Screenshot 2023-03-06 at 20.52.44.png]

Not for me.  When I type w<TAB> it completes to width, then I type a =
and then <TAB>-ing after the width= completes to either \linewidth,
\textwidth, or \columnwidth but never to another width.

Do you use some non-standard completion framework?

Bye,
Tassilo