Re: AUCTeX does not ask for width for \includegraphics macro anymore

From: Ikumi Keita
Subject: Re: AUCTeX does not ask for width for \includegraphics macro anymore
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2023 16:43:14 +0900

Hi Kourosh,

> Thanks Ikumi. Previously, when AUCTeX inquired for options I could
> have autocomplete both width and \linewidth but now AUCTeX does not
> recognize this. See the attached screenshot.

> [Screenshot 2023-03-06 at 20.47.53.png]

Why do you try to complete "width" for prompt asking overlay? You are
expected to type in a beamer overlay spec like "2-" and "3,5" there.

> I also noticed that with the most recent update autocomplete for width
> add an extra width, see the second screenshot.

> [Screenshot 2023-03-06 at 20.52.44.png]

That doesn't occur for me with TeX-insert-macro-default-style being
`show-all-optional-args'. What key sequence did you type to get that
result? When I type
C-c RET includeg TAB RET RET wi TAB
in the frame environment for the document listed below, AUCTeX completes
to "width".

When I type subsequently
= TAB
, AUCTeX completes to add a backslash so that the minibuffer contents
becomes "width=\". I can complete, say, "width=\linewidth" after that.

Maybe some in-buffer completion facility is interfering with you.

Regards,
Ikumi Keita
#StandWithUkraine #StopWarInUkraine

\documentclass{beamer}