Re: AUCTex in WSL cannot find TeX Live in Win

From: Ikumi Keita
Subject: Re: AUCTex in WSL cannot find TeX Live in Win
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2022 13:56:05 +0900

Hi Pete,

> Greetings Ikumi,
> 1. No helloworld.pdf has been generated after the procedure.

I see. Then pdflatex didn't run actually.

> 2. C-x C-e brings up:
> (start-process "dummy" (current-buffer) TeX-shell TeX-shell-command-option
> "ls") Desktop '#*message*-20220824-044008#'

[...]

> So no helloworld.pdf, the corresponding pdfs of the other tex-files
> have been sucessfully generated via pdflatex.exe in the wsl-debian
> console; apologies for the mess at home, btw.

OK.

> 3. This time C-x C-e was less verbose and just brought up this in
> mini-buffer: #
> Hopefully, I followed your instructions correctly.

Do you mean that only a single "#" appeared in the echo area? Not
"#<process dummy>"? And didn't emacs signal an error?

Hmm... What happens when you issue the following command on the wsl bash
console? (not in emacs)
bash -c "tex.exe --version" &

Regards,
Ikumi Keita