Re: AUCTex in WSL cannot find TeX Live in Win

From: parhsingh7262
Subject: Re: AUCTex in WSL cannot find TeX Live in Win
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2022 20:14:52 +0200

Forget everything regarding my "ingenious" idea regarding cygwin:
cygwin has it's own texlive-environment, so all comparisons make zero sense.
Apologies for adding to the confusion!

Am 25-Aug-2022 19:26:22 +0200 schrieb petepetite75@my.mail.de:

> I just got another idea. Before switching wsl, I had emacs/ aucteX succesfully running 'out-of-the box' under cygwin.
> Were this not comparable conditions, .i.e. a subsystem in which emacs/ aucteX had to fetch the pdflatex.exe in Tex Live > in Windows. So, maybe it could be helpful to reinstall that again and compare entries in corresponding .init- or .emacs
> files?

I gave it a try. Just added another question mark, though:
Strangely, emacs/aucteX in cygwin seems to be executing just 'latex' and 'tex' without .exe to succesfully access Tex Live in Windows. That is what is written in the aucteX-menu, at least. What I also noticed: Contrary to wsl, in cygwin there no teX-related lines at all in .emacs.

FreeMail powered by mail.de - mehr Sicherheit, Seriosität und Komfort