keybindings for insert font not working

From: David Denton
Subject: keybindings for insert font not working
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2021 13:50:02 -0400

Hello,

I am unable to use the usual keys for inserting a font,  for example, emphasized. The expected behaviour is keys C-c C-f C-e produces \emph{selected text} wrapped around selected text. Currently this key sequence and all related insert font key sequences produce an error telling me that the sequence is undefined. However, the same command executed from the LaTeX menu works. And all other macro and environment commands in Auctex work with the expected keybindings.

Note that I am using Auctex 13.0.6 under Doom-Emacs. I have tried without success to see if the Doom is responsible for this behaviour. Don't see where or how Doom could be causing this and I have not been able yet to get an answer from the Doomers.

Is there something I can turn on to make these keys work as expected? What would the Lisp code be to bind insert emphasized to  C-c C-f C-e in LaTeX mode.

Thank you in advance.

David