Re: keybindings for insert font not working

From: Mandar Mitra
Subject: Re: keybindings for insert font not working
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2021 23:30:11 +0530

David Denton wrote (Fri, Apr 23, 2021 at 01:50:02PM -0400):
> Hello,
>
> I am unable to use the usual keys for inserting a font,  for example,
> emphasized. The expected behaviour is keys C-c C-f C-e produces
> \emph{selected text} wrapped around selected text. Currently this key
> sequence and all related insert font key sequences produce an error telling
> me that the sequence is undefined. However, the same command executed from
> the LaTeX menu works. And all other macro and environment commands in Auctex
> work with the expected keybindings.
>
> Note that I am using Auctex 13.0.6 under Doom-Emacs. I have tried without
> success to see if the Doom is responsible for this behaviour. Don't see
> where or how Doom could be causing this and I have not been able yet to get
> an answer from the Doomers.
>
> Is there something I can turn on to make these keys work as expected? What
> would the Lisp code be to bind insert emphasized to  C-c C-f C-e in LaTeX
> mode.

I'm not running Doom or anything like that, but according to the inbuilt help
(C-h k C-c C-f or C-h b) in my instance:

C-c C-f runs the command TeX-font (found in LaTeX-mode-map), which is
an interactive compiled Lisp function in ‘tex.el’.

I suppose you could try adding

(define-key LaTeX-mode-map "\C-cC-f" 'TeX-font)

to LaTeX-mode-hook?

HTH,
-mandar